Monday, May 10, 2010

Lesson Planet




Lesson Planet is a membership website to help teachers and parents find the information they need to teach classes or explore subjects with children.  This search engine site began in 1999.  It is advertisement free and membership is available for teachers, homeschoolers and school districts.

There are several ways to search for what you are looking for by:
  • Searching by keyword, grade level and overall rating
  • Clicking the Narrow, Related or My Recent Searches keyword options
  • Browsing for reviewed resources by Subject, Calendar or Theme
  • Exploring relevant State Standards, matched to each member’s state
  • Utilizing Advanced Search to narrow by duration, method, technology, and more
Basically you type in what you are looking for and they will have links to other websites to look at and possibly use.  These websites are not looked in to for content so I would no let my children have free rein.  Also, some of the links they give are no longer available.

Personally I would never use it.  I found it difficult to find what I wanted.  Because of free search engine sites I believe this is really expensive.  However if you are not someone comfortable searching on the internet, then this could be of use to you. 

Price: $39.95 per year 
Want to check it out before you buy?  Sign up here for a free 10 day trial!
This is what other TOS crew members thought.

*I was given a free membership in order to write this review.  I am not compensated and am not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment