Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pandia Press


Kathleen Desmarais is not only the owner of Pandia Press but also a homeschooling mom of 4.  Pandia Press publishes science and history curriculum in the Classical Education form.




 We were sent one of the History Odyssey books~Level 1 Modern Times. 

When we received it in the mail I was so excited as I was leafing through the pages of the study guide.  It was an entire year's worth of history!


However as I was reading through it I noticed I needed to have several books to use with the curriculum.  I do not own those and was a bit disappointed that I needed to purchase something in order to use the curriculum. I was not familiar with History Odyssey or I might have known I needed some books to go with it.


But I really feel that it is a great guide.  There are activities, reading, writing, and map work.  Level one guides also contain hands on activities with cooking, arts and craft projects, and coloring.  Most of the level 1 guides are written for 1st through 4th grades, but the one we reviewed, Modern Times, is written for 3rd through 6th grades.

 Do you want to see what other TOS crew members thought about Pandia Press?  Click here.

*I was sen a free copy of the book to use and review because of my participation in the TOS crew.  I am not compensated in any way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment