Monday, April 5, 2010

A Measure of Mercy

Home to Blessing Volume 1
by Lauraine Snelling



Even though A Measure of Mercy is book 1 in the Home to Blessing series, I was confused as to the characters and what their history was to each other.  I looked in the front of the book after I was part way through it to see if the author had written anything else on the town of Blessing.  She has ~ 4 other books!  Well, I guess if I had read those I would not have been so confused.  I do believe saying it is book one is misleading.

I believe the back of the book is a bit misleading.  Astrid and Joshua have never really talked to each other, yet it says they have agreed to write letters back and forth.  I wonder if the person who wrote the back of the book synopsis ever read the book.  The end of the book ends in a cliffhanger.

The book is mainly about Astrid ad her desire to know the will of God concerning her future.  She is not sure if she should become a medical missionary to Africa, go on to more medical training, or home to Blessing.


I was hoping for a little more about Joshua and why he feels he loves Astrid, but of course this could be in the other books.  I also felt the book lacked any depth.  It seemed the author was writing a book without any explaining~ especially if this is book one.  I have never read any of Snelling's other works, but I am not sure I want to because I felt the author assumed the reader knew all about the families in the book and their previous experiences.


*I was sent a free copy of this book from the publisher to read and review.  Other then the free copy I am not compensated in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment