Monday, February 15, 2010

A Mom's Ultimate Book of Lists

by Michelle LaRowe
Revell Publishing




Michelle LaRowe was voted Nanny of the Year in 2004 & she is now a mommy herself.  She has wrote this book for moms and nannies everywhere.  She wanted a book that new moms could pick up and have loads of advice and lists all in one place.

Yes, this book is full of lists~ 112 to be exact.  There is everything in the book from baby food to how to pick a church for your family.  It is Christan based. The book would be a good gift for a new mom, nearly 200 pages is about baby and toddler things. (what you need to have or baby, baby food etc...).  As my youngest is 5 I found very little in the book that I could glean from.  I found maybe 15 lists that were semi new information for a seasoned mom.  So this is definitely a new mom book.  I found that it is written for the upper middle class, with the name brands of clothing and the necessity of "high quality wipes." In my opinion I think this book will need to be updated every 3 years or so, otherwise it will be "dated."  There are new trends in parenting just like there are in clothing fashion.  Discipline for example changes, as it does for each child which was not really discussed in the book.  LaRowe gave a more one size fits all discipline method.


If you have a friend having a baby soon this would be a great gift to give (along with some books for baby).


Price~$13.99


Available January 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

*I was sent a free copy of this book from the publisher for me to read and review.  I am not compensated for my review and am not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment