Thursday, June 24, 2010

Through the Fire

by Shawn Grady
Bethany House Publishing


Since his father's death  in a fire, firefighter Aiden O'Neill is determined to find out who the arsonist was in that fateful fire.  Aiden has a gift of being able to read fires, but after he caused a fellow firefighter to be seriously injured during a fire, he seems to have lost his gift.

An arsonist is on the loose, causing major fires and death in his wake.  Aiden and Julianne, a fire analyst, are teaming up to discover who is behind the fires.  I guarantee the end will surprise you.

I enjoyed the story line, but some of the writing was out of character of the rest of the book.  There were paragraphs that were almost poetic~ but forced and did not reflect the other parts of the book.  I also got confused in several places as new characters were introduced.  The parts about God and Christianity seemed forced and put in as an afterthought. 

Price $ 13.99 purchase here.

*I was sent a free copy of this book to read and review from the publisher.  I am not compensated for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment