Saturday, June 19, 2010

Somewhere to Belong

Book one in the Daughters of Amana series
by Judith Miller
Bethany House Publishing


I had a hard time with this book, it takes place in the Amana colonies. I am unfamiliar with this religion (the author does not even explain what religion this is) and so was confused why any one would want to join these people.  Also, it said that being single was better then being married, however it was not forbidden.  One of the girls was punished for not keeping the other girl in line~ seems unkind.  I wished the author explained more about the religion.

The story is about two young women.  One has lived in Amana her whole life, and the other has just moved there from Chicago.  It goes through several months of various happenings of the girls.

I think I would have liked the book better with more explanation of the community.  It is also book one in a series as the ending of this book does not explain what happens to one of the girls.  I dislike having to read another book to find out the conclusion.


Price:  $14.99 to purchase.

*I was sent a free copy of this book from the publisher to read and review.  I am not compensated for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment