Monday, May 11, 2009

"His name is Jesus"


"His Name is Jesus"
By Max Lucado


What an amazing book. The life of Jesus Christ is played out in this book, written in segments. This book was put together from 20 of Max Lucado's books. It is a beautifully written book with lovely peaceful pictures that compliment the content of the book. It comes with a hard slipcover for added protection. This is a perfect book for a gift for a loved one or treasured friend. This is also a perfect book to read with your children. I plan on reading it to them during our devotional time.
Mixed with poems the book gives many thought provoking ideas. I had never read a book that portryed Jesus in a light that he was not only a God, but also a mortal man that went through many of the same things we go through in our own lives. He knows how we feel and our sorrows and our joys. As I was reading this book, at first I felt it was protraying our Savior in a ordinary light. I was not sure how I felt about that. The more I read, the more I realized that Max Lucado wanted his readers to know Jesus in a different light then we usually see him. I know I have grown spritually by reading this book.
What a treasured book to have in your home library and a great gift to give to those you love.


No comments:

Post a Comment