Sunday, July 25, 2010

Cast of Characters

by Max Lucado
Thomas Nelson Publishing

"Some of the most powerful stories from the Bible will come alive for today’s readers through these
inspiring selections from the writings of Max Lucado. Max provides a compelling look at the most
high-impact moments in the biblical narrative, drawn from his previous 20+ years of writing.
At the end of each chapter will be study guide questions so the reader can go deeper into this
scripture.

Extraordinary stories are told about the following characters:
Mary, Peter, Matthew, Joseph, Nicodemus, Woman at the Well, David, Esther, Job, The Samaritan Woman, John, Rich Young Man."

I have read a number of Max Lucado's works.  Most of them I have found to be wonderful and profound.  However this book felt wrong.  I picked it up to read today.  I was disappointed and a little upset at the way Lucado portrayed the Bible and Biblical characters.  I felt he was trying to fit in with today's hip way of life.  I have respect and reverence for my Father in Heaven and the Holy Scriptures.  I felt that the respect and reverence that the Bible demands was not there.  It was almost callous in the way it was written.  I was unable to read the entire book, because of the uneasiness that I found from reading the small bit I did.  Maybe this book will appeal to others in a way it did not to me.


Price: $14.99
*I was sent a copy of this book from the publisher to read and review.  I am  not compensated for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment