Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Silent Gift

by Michael Landon Jr, & Cindy Kelley
Bethany House Publishing


There are so many layers to this book.  I was intrigued, angry, hopeful, and sad during the reading of this book.  I must say the authors are fabulous writers! There was such depth to the story and many layers to the main character.

"The decade of the 'thirties was a time of enormous uncertainty--for the world, for America, and in particular for one lonely, struggling mother and her disabled son. Their story is one of unyielding love and incredible sacrifices in the face of circumstances beyond belief. 

But then The Gift appears where has it come from, and why? How can a young boy who cannot communicate provide comfort and direction to seekers who learn of the special ability? Whatever the source, its presence brings a single shaft of light and hope to Mary to her beloved son, Jack. Will it be enough?"

I could not put this book down.  I stayed up until after 1am (I am an early to bed kind of gal) so that says a lot.  I am not sure I would have picked this book up to read if I had not been given an opportunity to review it.  It is not usually a type of book I read, but this was so well written and kept me reading on and on to the end.  Thank you!!

Price $ 13.99 purchase here.

*I was sent a free copy of this book to read and review.  I am not compensated for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment