Saturday, July 10, 2010

Though Waters Roar

by Lynn Austin
Bethany House Publishing


"Thank goodness you're such a plain child. You'll have to rely on your wits."
So went the words of Grandma Bebe. And for all of my growing-up years, I scoffed at the beauty of my sister and what I saw as her meaningless existence. But my wits hadn't served me well in this instance, for here I was, in jail. And while I could have seen it as carrying on the family tradition (for Grandma Bebe landed in jail for her support of Prohibition), the truth is, my reasons for being here would probably break her heart.
So how did I end up becoming a criminal? I've been pondering that question all night. Perhaps the best way to search for an answer is to start at the very beginning."

One girl's story intertwined with her grandmother's life story.  This truly is a unique story of courage and trusting God with our lives.  There is quite a bit of history in the book that I was able to glean.  I found myself hoping and wishing for good to happen from Bebe as her life was so hard..  It was easy to follow a long, although I did find it a bit long and hard to get into in the beginning.

Price: $ 13.99 purchase from the publisher.

*I was sent a free copy of this book to read and review from the publisher.  I am not compensated for my honest opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment