Monday, August 31, 2009

The Frontiersman's Daughter

The Frontiersman's Daughter
by Laura Frantz
Revell Baker Publishing

The more books I read the more picky I become. I want to say though that I loved this book. There were so many twists and turns and unexpected happenings that I really could not tell you what would happen next.
Lael Click is the daughter of a famous frontiersman. He had been captured by the Shawnee Indians when she was a girl. She lives in the Kentucky settlement her father founded years ago. She is a young girl at the beginning of the story. She faces many trials, including the Indians, the other settlers, and even her own family. Lael will have to find where she belongs and what her view of the world tells her. When an aristocratic doctor comes to the settlement will she put what she feels her life will be aside and help the doctor or will she leave everything she has ever known and go to live with Captain Jack, the Shawnee Indian chief? You'll have to read the book to find out!

2 comments:

  1. Bless you for your gracious comments about my book! You've written a very lively review and if I wasn't the author I would want to read:) I'm so thankful for readers like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welome! I loved this book and would love to read a sequel if you decide to write one!

    ReplyDelete