Monday, June 15, 2009

Love's Pursuit

by Siri Mitchell
Bethany House Publishing



Love's Pursuit takes place in Massachusetts during the Puritan era. Susannah is a puritan girl who on the outside seems to be the eye of perfections. However, Susannah thinks herself to be a sinner and judges herself harshly. A captain from the "King's army" comes to their village because he has heard reports of savages. I do not want to give too much away, but will Susannah fall in love with a man from her own puritan village or with the Captain and his heathen ways? You will have to read to find out!!
This one was a bit hard to get into at first because I have not read much about the Puritans and was a bit confused at firs by some of the goings on and their language. I wished that the author had given a bit of an introduction, perhaps a bit of actual history, before delving into the story.
However, that does NOT mean I did not like it, I really enjoyed this story. It gave me a bit of what life was like for the Puritans. It also kept me driven to read to the end, because I had no idea how the end would turn out. I must say I was disappointed in the ending, but that is just me. Leave a comment here after you have read it and let me know how you liked the ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment