Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Exposure


by Brandilyn Collins
Zondervan Publishing




This book had me up really late last night. Part of me really wanted to find out the ending and the other part of me was a bit scared. So, if you like a good mystery read Exposure. Kaycee is the main character and she thinks someone is watching her. Her mother spent her life always looking behind her. Kaycee thought her mother was crazy and she passed it on to her. But was her mom crazy? Kaycee writes a newspaper column about fears. She herself is afraid of many things. She keeps seeing a picture of a deceased man pop up, with no evidence to show the local Sheriff. Matt is a police officer that answers her many pleas for help. He thinks she is crazy, but when one clue leads to another he is not so sure she is just a crazy lady.
I do not usually read these kinds of books, but I decided to give this one a try. I was fine reading up until it was time to go to bed. I guess I just needed to make sure everything turns out alright. Although this book is from a Christian publishing company, there is not a light of religion in it. In the epilogue Kaycee brings to light God. I thought was out of place. I would have liked to see her relying on God a bit more. I felt like the author slapped that at the end to make it a Christian book. Overall I felt this book was well written and had lots of twists and turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment