Friday, June 12, 2009

A Bride in the Bargain

by Deeanne Gist
Bethany House Publishing




I loved this book! I got it in the mail today and finished it just a bit ago. It is about a gal, Anna, that goes to Seattle right after the civil war ends. She thinks she is going to be a cook for a lumberjack and his crew. When she arrives she finds out she is supposed to be his bride. Joe needs a bride to secure his 640 acres. Written in a contract it states he is to be married (a family man) to entitle him to 640 acres, otherwise he loses half of his property. What links he goes to in order to get Anna to marry him. Anna tries her best not to fall for Joe. She blames herself for the loss of her mother, father, and younger brother. I do not want to give away the ending so I will not tell you the outcome. 

I really like the way Deeanne Gist wrote this book. There was no lagging in the plot. It ran smoothly and had no slow parts. I just couldn't wait to read the next chapter. You will not regret reading this book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment