Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Reluctant Entertainer

by Sandy Coughlin
Bethany House Publishing


"True hospitality is not about being perfect, cooking a fancy meal, or spending a lot of money. Rather, it's about an open door and an open heart. Popular blogger Sandy Coughlin offers a simple but savvy approach to help women break free of the anxieties that keep them from opening their homes. Emphasizing the forgotten goal of entertaining--connecting deeply with others--she shows how women can use the gifts and talents God gave them to reach out in love."

I like to entertain, I just do not do it very often.  After reading this book I realized how much I missed it.  This is a great book for everyone- no matter where you are in your entertaining.  There is something in this book for those of us that have entertained before those that are new to entertaining, and to those who have entertained for years.

Sandy Coughlin explains the meaning behind entertaining- what your guests get out of it and how to connect with your guests.  There are ideas for conversation starters, foods, places, and how to go about inviting.  I think my hang up about entertaining is that I can not do it all, my house is on the smaller side and if we were to invite another family over then we would be squished.  However, Coughlin explains that it doesn't matter how big or clean your home is, it is just important how you relate to your guests.  I know this is one book I will be keeping around and referencing for years to come.


Price: $17.99 buy here.
*I was sent a free copy of this book from the publisher to read and review.  I am not compensated for my honest review.



No comments:

Post a Comment