Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas at the Harringtons

by Melody Carlson
Baker Publishing


Lena has just got out of prison, serving 8 years for a crime she did not commit.  The only thing she wants is a place to start over- where no one knows her or her past.  She is given a quite ugly outfit to wear, a few weeks of paid rent in a boarding house in an undesirable part of town, $65, and a recommendation for possible job opening.  How will the people of New Haven treat her when they find out her past?  Will she be able to be free from her past?

This book was a quick read- great for a busy Christmas season.  The farther I got in the book the more I wanted to read.  However I was disappointed in the abrupt ending.  It seemed the author had to wrap up the book and get it out to the publisher to meet a deadline.  I felt it needed a few more chapters to get to the point in the ending.  It seemed lacking and kind of out of place.

If you are looking for a quick read to get you in the Christmas spirit give this book a try!

Price:  $15.99 purchase from Revell Publishing

*I was sent a free copy of this book to read and review.  I am not compensated for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment