Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hatteras Girl

by Alice J. Wisler
Bethany House Publishing


"Jackie Donovan prays for two things: an honest, wonderful man to marry and to own a bed-and-breakfast on the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina. In the meantime, she works for Lighthouse Views, writing articles about local business owners, and intrepidly goes on the blind dates set up by her well-meaning but oh-so-clueless relatives.

There's one specific property Jackie dreams of purchasing: The Bailey House, a fabulous old home located right next to the ocean, a place where Jackie spent many happy childhood afternoons. But the Bailey House has strange stories and secrets surrounding it—not to mention its outrageous price tag.

When Jackie meets handsome Davis Erickson, who holds the key to the Bailey property, she believes God has answered both her prayers. But as Jackie learns some disturbing details about Davis's past, she begins to wonder if her heart has lead her astray. Will she risk her long-held dreams to find out the truth?"

Filled with surprises this book was fun for me to read.  I did not know what was going to happen, and could not guess the ending.  I know what I wanted to happen and was pleasantly surprised that it came to be!  I think this book was well written and that the author is very good.  It seems there are so many books out there with stories that are easy to guess their endings, however this book took a few turns I did not anticipate happening.  Great read!!  I want a book two- I want to find out more about Hatteras Girl!

Price: $14.99 purchase here.
*I was sent a free copy of this book from the publisher to read and review.  I am not compensated for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment