Monday, November 9, 2009

A Young Scholar's Guide to Composers


A Young Scholar's Guide to Composers
by Bright Ideas


A Young Scholar's Guide to Composers is a year long curriculum study of various composers through out time.
This one year program does not cover all of the composers, but gives a great variety of especially the main ones. This study includes classical composers as well as modern ones.


There are activities to go along with each composer as well as cards to print out to learn more. The only thing not included in this program is the music itself. This is a drawback for me, as I had to find the various selections myself. Luckily we have a huge selection of classical music and I was able to find several. Obviously we have not finished this program because we have only been using it for a little over a month. we look forward to the rest of the program. I appreciated the way it was very thorough and had some interesting activities.


We really enjoy this and look forward to trying some of the other books in the young Scholar series.


A Young Scholar's Guide to Composers is geared for children in grades 4-8. I did use this for Ben too and he is in 3rd grade.


The CD Rom is priced at $29.95
The Paper book is priced at $34.95


*I was sent a download of this program for free. I am not compensated in anyway and am not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment