Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Things Worth Remembering

by Jackina Stark
Bethany House Publishing



Kendy and her daughter, Maisey, used to do everything together a mother and dughter could do.  Now, they barely even talk.  This weekend Maisey is getting married.  Kendy wishes things were different.  She would love to be involved in the wedding preparations.  Maisey has not shared anything with her mother about the wedding.

What happened between mother and daughter?  What went wrong? Things Worth Remembering is about the week leading up to the wedding.  Daily Kendy worries about the stressful situation she is in.  When Maisey reveals the secret that she has kept for so long and is what is keeping the distance between her mother and herself, will all be well?  Or will it be worse?

Reading this book, I pondered the relationship I have with my mom.  She and I are very close.  I am happy to say that our relationship was good as I was growing up as well. 

I was saddened by the big "secret" that kept Maisey from continuing a relationship with her mom.  I  hope those that read this book, will realize that the mistakes we make can effect our children in ways that we may never realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment