Monday, November 16, 2009

Exploramania

GyMathtics DVD



Exploramania is a cmpany comitted to teach children to become fit and healthy.  The GyMathtics DVD is one of their Exploracise products.

GyMathtics is a DVD fitness program which also reinforces math concepts.  It uses visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learning to teach children fitness and math.

I used this DVD with my 9 year old, 4 year old and with my day care kids 4,4, and 1.  The little kids enjoyed it eventhough they did not understand the math concepts.  My 9 year old son thought it was fun the first and second time, but soon lost interest.  Occasionally he will want to do it.

I am really not impressed with this.  I felt it was kind of cheesy.  The math concepts were geared for older kids but my son did not really get much out of it.  My preschoolers liked it better.

If your child is a kinesthetic learner I think it would be beneficial to them.  My child is not, so it did not mean the same to me as it would if my son was.

Price~ $24.95

Other TOS crewmembers' reviews are here.

*I was sent a free DVD to review.  I do not receive compensation for my reviews and am not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment