Monday, October 18, 2010

The Vigilante's Bride

by Yvonne Harris
Bethany House Publishing


"Robbing a stagecoach on Christmas Eve and abducting a woman passenger is the last thing Luke Sullivan expected to do. He just wanted to reclaim the money stolen from his pa, but instead ended up rescuing a feisty copper-haired woman who was on her way to marry Sullivan's dangerous enemy.

Emily McCarthy doesn't take kindly to her so-called rescue. Still, she's hoping Providence will turn her situation for good, especially when it seems Luke Sullivan may just be the man of her dreams. But Luke has crossed a vicious man, a powerful rancher not used to losing, and Emily is the prize he's unwilling to sacrifice."
 
This book was a quick and easy read.  I enjoyed it, but it reminded me more of a clean romance then anything deeper.  There was a little bit of Christianity in it, but not more then would be in a normal book- praying to God when in trouble.  It only took me a day or so to read because it was quite short.  I felt the characters could have been more developed.  I would like to have read more about what they were thinking-especially Emily and her feelings about the predicament she came to find herself in.

Price:  $14.99 to purchase click here.

*I was sent a free copy of this book from the publisher to read and review.  I am not compensated for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment