Saturday, October 30, 2010

Masquerade

by Nancy Moser
Bethany House Publishing


"Charlotte Gleason embarks from England with conflicting emotions. She is headed for New York to marry one of America's wealthiest heirs--a man she has never even met. When her doubts gain the upper hand, she swaps identities with her maid Dora. She wants a chance at "real life," even if it means giving up financial security. For Charlotte, it's a risk she's willing to take. But what begins as the whim of a spoiled rich girl becomes a test of survival beyond her blackest nightmare. 

For Dora, it's the chance of a lifetime. She is thrust into a fairy tale amid ball gowns and lavish mansions, yet is tormented by the possibility of discovery--and humiliation. And what of the man who believes she is indeed his intended? Is this what her heart truly longs for?"

I just finished this book!  I loved it!  I felt like I was a part of the story.  I found myself wishing I could give Lottie and Dora advice.  It is a longer book then ones I have been reading, but I read it fairly quickly.  It is a good clean book .  The books talks about social classes in England and how they are in America.  There is some history of immigration to the United States in the book as well. 

I think that those who read this will love it and will learn a little history as well. 
Price: $ 14.99 purchase here.

*I was sent a free copy of this book to read and review.  I am not compensated for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment