Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hidden Affections

Delia Parr
Bethany House Publishing





"Betrayed by her husband, Annabelle Tyler wears the burden of legally being a divorcee, a difficult position for an upstanding young woman to find herself in. While attempting to start a new life for herself, an unexpected turn of events once again has Annabelle married--this time to Harrison Graymoor, the most eligible, yet elusive, bachelor in Philadelphia. Harrison assures her that he will secure an annulment immediately, unaware that the constable has sent word of the marriage to the press in Philadelphia. And here things continue to go awry. Harrison's past, a philanthropic cousin with his eye on Annabelle, and the appearance of Annabelle's ex-husband threaten the tentative relationship growing between Harrison and his "wife." For two individuals set against marriage, there are certainly a lot of second thoughts regarding the one forced upon them."


The plot sounds fun doesn't it?  It is too bad the book does not live up to the review.  I cringe every time I read an error in a book- really people how many people read the draft before it is published can you not get it right?  Errors for me at least take away the enjoyment of the book.  This book also had no depth to the characters- it really seemed as if part of the book was missing and not just the end or beginning but pages here and there.  As a reader we are told what the characters did to fall in love but we did not actually see it played out.  There were several times I had to go back a few pages to reread something because it did not fit.
While I really liked the idea of the book, I must say I did not like the finished book.


Price: $14.99 Purchase through the publisher and you may get a discount.


*I was sent a free copy of this by by the publisher to read and review.  I am not compensated for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment