Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Choosing to SEE: A Journey of Struggle and Hope

by Mary Beth Chapman & Ellen Vaughn
Revell Publishing





I was not sure what to expect when I recieved this book.  I have tried to read other books that people have wrote about their experiences that were poorly written and uninteresting.  However this was NOT that kind of  book.  This book is well written, very interesting and pulled me in to her story.  After finishing this book I wanted to be her friend and get to know her more. 

Her story is not a happy one, but it tells her story~ how she has dealt with the death of a child.  It has been fairly recent~a little over 2 years.  I found myself wanting to comfort her and her family in their time of loss. 

Her story also involved adoption.  Since we are on our own adoption journey, although ours is domestic foster care, I felt I was able to connect and learn from their experiences.

She is able to give her grief to her Father in Heaven and let him help her through it.  Through this journey we are able to SEE how we can learn to give our troubles over to the Lord.

September 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group


*I was sent a free copy of this book from the publisher to read and review.  I am not compensated for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment