Sunday, March 28, 2010

An Honest Love

By Kathleen Fuller
Thomas Nelson Publishing


Just finished reading this one last night.  

I very good read.  I enjoy reading books about the Amish.  Even though they are fictional, I get to enter their world, which is so different from my own, and spend a few hours.  It makes me appreciate my family relationships more, because the Amish are all about their families.

There are two stories going on in An Honest Love.  This first is about Anna.  She has moved to Ohio to break free from her past relationship where she was jilted.  She has come to open a gift shop with her mother.  She has some medical issues which are pretty serious, but she tends to pretend are not that bad.  She falls in love with Lukas.  However when Lukas finds out the secret she has kept from him, he is not sure he can get past the betrayal.

Lukas' sister Elizabeth is a young Amish girl who finds her self befriending an Amish man who has recently got out of jail for selling drugs.  Aaron has turned his life around and has accepted the Amish faith.  But, he keeps to himself because he believes everyone around his is judging him.  Will Elizabeth be able to help Aaron see he is wrong?

 
I have to say that I am hoping there is a sequel because I have a few unanswered questions.  I felt the last chapter of the book contained lots of things that I really needed to know more about, but sometimes that is what the author wants is for us to think about those things and answer them ourselves. 

I have read many fiction books about the Amish, some have been better then this one, but I think this is a pretty good one.  It just felt to me that the author was throwing in an Amish word (Pennsylvania Dutch) to make is more Amish.

Just found out this is book 2 in the Middlefield series.  My questions may have been answered in the first book or in a book that is yet to come.  I wish it would have said somewhere on the book that this was book 2.

*I was sent a Free copy of this book to read and review.  The opinions expressed in this review are my own.  I am not compensated for my review and am not required to post a positive review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment