Monday, July 13, 2009

Religion of the Stars


by Richard Abanes
Bethany House Publishing



I am usually well rounded in my reviews of books, however I must say this book is awful. It is about various religions of the famous Hollywood stars. There are several religions mentioned. In the preface of the book Richard Abanes states that he did not write this book to criticize or put down any religion. However that is what he does. Although I do not believe or agree with Oprah's new age spirituality religion, Abanes criticizes Oprah for her beliefs.
Abanes believes his interpretation of the Bible is the correct one. He puts down other religions to make his interpretations right. It is really sad that an author had to write a book to criticize what others believe. I feel it is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment